Today is as good a day as any to take action for diabetes. It also happens to be the inaugural National Day of Action for diabetes, and there are so many things you can do!
- check your BG before and after exercising and participate in the “big blue test”
- visit the ADA’s website and click on “take action”
- make an appointment to see a diabetes educator and learn some tools for managing effectively
- talk to a loved one who is at risk for diabetes about getting checked
- sign up for an exercise program…with a friend!
- try a new, healthy recipe
- join an advocacy group or effort
- volunteer to participate in diabetes research
- give yourself a pat on the back and enjoy some downtime
Take action in whatever way works best for you. Enjoy!